My idea for a lesson plan using technology would be incorporating what we are learning in my (make believe) 5th grade class in history. I would split the students up into groups of 4-5 kids and give them a time period. They would then research that time period using the internet to find information such as what life was like, important people, and significant dates. I would have them use a word processor to take notes on what they read. The students would have to compile the information they wrote down into a creative power point project with each slide having different information on it. I would like them to include clip art for pictures and to use word art for the titles of the slides. They are allowed to be as creative as they like with added effects. This is a good project because it involves many different aspects of computers.
It is hard to supervise your students on the computer at all times because you cannot be in two places at once. Students can be very sneaky and know how to minimize things as you walk by. I am elementary education, so I do not think I will have as much trouble with inappropriate things as high school or middle school teachers would have. However I think I will still be faced with them being on sites that are not necessarily inappropriate, but maybe playing games and not doing their work. I think the biggest way to keep them focused is to not give them too much time to use the internet. Keep the time limit short so they do not have time to goof off and instead are focused on getting their work done on time. I will also be sure to walk around the room as much as possible and keep an eye open for the kids who are quick to minimize things when my presence is near.
This website has educational video games for the students to work on math skills with. I think this is a good idea because most kids like to play games, especially on the computer and it will help keep their attention, but at the same time they will be refining and learning new skills.
Post #10
16 years ago
Putting children in small groups allows them to learn faster and be more invilved. So, thats a good idea.
ReplyDeleteI agree with putting the kids in groups and creating a Powerpoint presentation- I also think that is a good way to incorporate technology in an elementary classroom. It definitely is educational as well as letting them be creative! :)
ReplyDelete