Monday, August 24, 2009

Blog Journal #0


I wish I could say I am technology savvy, however I do not have a whole lot of experience with technology. In my high school I used the smart board and many of my teachers used document cameras but other than that it was pretty basic. For school I am familiar with Word and power point and am able to perform necessary tasks to complete projects and papers, but the computer is not a place where I spend a lot of time (besides Facebook). My dad works for IBM and usually helps me with whatever problems I have regarding software, so over the years I have learned a few tricks of the trade. However the last computer class I took was in Middle school so I'm pretty sure there is much for me to learn.
In this class I would like to become more comfortable with computers and learn new ways to present information. I am also excited to learn about new programs and ways to make learning more interesting not only for me but for my future students as well. I hope to get caught up with all the new technology and learn as much as I can about the different software programs and websites made to make our lives easier. I also hope I will retain the information I learn so that I can use it even when i am not in this class. In turn I hope this class will motivate me to stay more in tune with what is out there technology-wise and to keep up with the new programs as they are invented.
I have always known I am more of a mix of learning styles. I know that I remember things better when I have to explain it to someone and that once I am able to do so, I will most likely not forget that piece of information or concept for a very long time. I enjoy group work but tend to get frustrated with people who do not put in as much effort as I do. I am a careful worker and can be relatively slow at times if I do not know the information very well. I am good at memorizing and sometimes have trouble with complex concepts. I am a visual learner and absolutely love order. My study technique is to make a list, memorize it, and refer back to my list to answer questions. I tend to get confused unless things are ordered and follow along logically.

No comments:

Post a Comment