Sunday, November 1, 2009

Blog #7

A web based tool I would like to use in my 6th grade english class would be www.blogger.com. I would have my students submit blogs on topics that I post (much like we do in this class) but I would use it more for creative writing. I would also have the students read their classmates work and proofread it online and make suggestions to save paper from having them print it out and bring it to class. This is also good because then I will not have to waste class time having them proof read each other's work.
I will most likely use Excel spreadsheets as my grade book. It is an awesome way to keep track of assignments and the grades students got on them. It is all on the computer and can keep things organized (and its easy to fix if i make a mistake!)
I could also have my students use it for a science project in which they have to keep track of plant growth over time. A spread sheet would be an easy, organized way for them to keep track of the data. They can measure how much the plant has grown, how many buds and flowers have developed, and how often they water it and keep track of it all on the spreadsheet and be able to see the growth of their plant numerically.

2 comments:

  1. Thats a good idea to have your students keep a blog. It allows them to see how their fellow classmates feel and what their opinions are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger would be a great tool in the classroom for easy access to all the classroom information, due dates, assignments, etc. Spreadsheets are great for organizing and analyzing data!

    ReplyDelete